Jane Skinner Transactional analysis therapist , BH23
Perhaps you've been coping alone and would like to talk to someone who is removed from your family and social life?
Maybe you're feeling overwhelmed, confused or stuck in a pattern of repeated situations or just wish to gain a deeper understanding of yourself and your emotional world, with someone trained to support you?
As a counsellor, I offer a warm, empathic, supportive and confidential space that will allow you to explore, express and gain understanding of the feelings and thoughts that are causing you unhappiness.
When we start to get clarity about the difficulties we are having within ourselves, our relationships with other people or the outside world, change starts to happen.
I offer counselling and psychotherapy to individuals and couples.
The counselling and psychotherapy relationship helps us gain understanding about the difficulties we are having in our life so that we can make changes and move forward.
Training and qualifications
My training is in Relational Transactional Analysis. TA is a humanistic based theory, which outlines how we have developed and treat ourselves, how we relate and communicate with others. TA is underpinned by the philosophy that: people can change, we all have a right to be in the world and be accepted.
Together we will work to understand you and what you need from therapy, in order to help you move forward in your life. I want to see the world through your eyes.
- Diploma in Transactional Analysis Psychotherapeutic Counselling: Metanoia Institute
- MSc Transactional Analysis Psychotherapy (four years advanced clinical training completed, working towards certification): Metanoia Institute (Middlesex University)
- Practitioner Certificate in Neuroscience & Attachment Theory: Metanoia Institute
- Working with Couples training - Maria Gilbert (TSTA), Juliet Grayson (COSRT) The Couples Institute.
- Cert HE in Humanistic Counselling based on TA: Winchester University
Individuals: £40.00 per 50 minute session.
Couples: £60.00 per 1 hour session.
(Concessions are sometimes available)
Integrative Psychodynamic Relational Transactional analysis Issues often worked with:
Anger/violenceAnxietyCouple relationshipsFamily issuesInterpersonal relationshipsSexual/physical abuseSocial communicationTrauma Availability:
1 - 3 weeks Therapy offered:
In person Client groups:
CouplesIndividuals Member organisations: