Edith Fleck Integrative counsellor , BT28
My name is Edith Fleck
Web site - www.serenitycounselling1.co.uk/
My background is Nursing, District Nursing and Nurse Management (20 years).
I have been counselling for 17 years and have extensive experience working with mental health related problems and disorders. Also couples, families, grief/loss and general counselling issues.
I am happily married with 3 adult daughters who work as Professionals
Over my long professional experience I am aware of the vulnerable place clients can be in and I am committed to working within the BACP ethical framework to provide a safe, non judgemental environment to assist clients explore their situation
I have a special interest in systemic and family therapy embracing couples and families to find new coping strategies.
I also have a special interest in working with clients who have experienced sexual abuse and have seen evidence of them being liberated to realise they are no longer a victim but an overcomer.
I have trained extensively in cousnelling in the fields of general counselling, CBT, couples, grief, family and systemic therapy. I believe the various aspects of training has provided me with a wider understanding of the varied problems clients present with.
It is not a "one size fits all" as every situation is unique and every client's journey is unique to them.
This extensive training has provided me with new insights and often clients need to be assisted by using different counselling models.
Counselling provides a safe place for clients to explore their situation and work collaboratively with the counsellor to find coping mechanisms.
Training and qualifications
Counselling 17 years
Nurse Manager (20 Years)
* Diploma in Counselling - University of Ulster with commendation
* Advanced Diploma in Cognitive Behavioural Therapy - Derby University
* Cognitive Behavioural Therapy - Level 7 (Master's level) - Post Graduate
* Cruse Trained
* Relate Trained
* Post Graduate (M) - Couples counselling - Working with Relationships - Dublin City University
* Advanced Systemic and Family Therapy - Institute of Family Therapy London
* Post Graduate Diploma in Systemic and Family Therapy - Queen's University with commendation
* Management - Queen's University with commendation
* Telephone and Skype counselling Trained
* STEPS PROGRAMME - Pacific Institiutute
* Professional certificate in Mindfulness
£40 for 50 minutes - normal session
Family therapy is usually 1.5 sessions = £60 or if clients request double session it is £80
The first session is generally 1.5 sessions and is still charged at £40 to allow the client to decide if this is suitable for them
Person-centred/humanistic Cognitive behaviour therapy Psychodynamic Integrative Family/Systemic Couples therapy Issues often worked with:
AnxietyDepressionAddictionInterpersonal relationshipsFamily issuesBereavement Availability:
In less than a week Therapy offered:
In personOn video Client groups:
IndividualsCouplesFamiliesAdolescentsChildren Member organisations:
92 Causeway End Road
Week days, evenings and weekends upon request if clients are unavailble at other times Times are flexible depending on client slots available