If you're drawn towards an approach that's open minded, warm and supportive, grounded in a flexible, effective combination of therapeutic practices, then feel free to phone or email with your enquiries about short or long term therapy. This Integrative therapeutic model works flexibly with your well-being, feelings and concerns at the forefront. Together we'll move forward at your pace towards exploration, insights and awareness that lead to relief, clarity and new outlooks on life.
My experience covers concerns including:
- depression and anxiety
- relationship difficulties
- losses such as bereavement, separation and divorce
- self esteem and confidence building
- self harm
- trauma and crisis
- recovering from abuse
- changes in life stages and ageing
- health and disability issues
- carer's issues
- hopelessness and lack of motivation
- loneliness and isolation
- cultural identity
- work and professional struggles
The counselling sessions
The first session will explore your circumstances, the reasons you've come and what you hope to gain from your therapy. It's an opportunity to get to know each other.
You can then choose to book in further sessions during which we will explore whatever concerns, feelings and issues you wish to deal with.
To find out more
You're welcome to phone me on 07949 713 357 or send an email if you simply want to find out more in the first instance, or if you would like to book an introductory meeting.
I work in private practice in Finchley & Archway. Experience also includes counselling within the NHS and CPPD training school, working with a wide variety of people who have been referred to me for counselling by GPs, college and others.
Professionally Registered Member of BACP (British Association for Counselling & Psychotherapy). Confidentiality, safeguarding ethics and professionalism are absolutely assured.
Other professional experience includes freelance, sensitive-issues social research for the public sector and charities including NSPCC, Breakthrough Breast Cancer, Cancer Research UK, Department of Education and Department of Health. I've also worked briefly as a primary school teacher with young children.
Training and qualifications
I trained at CPPD, a college that's accredited by BACP (British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy). The professional model studied was Humanistic Integrative Counselling. This approach flexibly uses various psychotherapy practices to suit the unique needs of each person.
- Certificate in Humanistic Integrative Counselling
- Diploma in Humanistic Integrative Counselling
- Advanced Diploma (Professional Training) In Humanistic Integrative Counselling
- Skills in CBT practice
- Skills in Time Limited Counselling
- Working with Children & Young People Certificate
- B.Ed Hons (Goldsmiths College, University of London)
- £50 for individuals in N3 & N12
- £60 per session for individuals in N19 (extra £10 includes Inner London room hire fees)
- Additional £15 for Sundays
- Weekend, Friday afternoon and Monday mornings, with occasionally availability mid week